Miami Dade County – Administrative Staff Support
About Miami Dade County
Home to thirty-four incorporated cities and serving a population of more than 2 million, Miami-Dade County is the 7th largest municipal government entity in the United States. The government agency is made up of 25 active departments employing hundreds of temporary and permanent employees each year.
Why Miami Dade County Partnered with Alpha1 Staffing
In 2011 Miami- Dade County requested bid responses for temporary employment services for five years. Following the results of the bid, many of the 1st tier companies could not adhere to the requirements of the contract due to lack of staff, effective processes, and capital. Miami – Dade County needed a staffing partner that could supply qualified candidates in a timely manner, manage candidate selection and assessment, onboarding, and compensation of temporary workers within the county budgetary constraints.
Miami- Dade County needed an experienced, reliable staffing partner with the financial and human capital resources to hire and compensate temporary employees to support 25 service departments.
- Evaluate the job descriptions of Miami Dade County’s most common administrative titles: clerk, office assistant, administrative officer, accounting clerk, and receptionist
- Develop rubric to assess admin/ clerical candidates based on most common technical, human and conceptual skills and aptitudes
- Actively market our services and opportunities to administrative professionals via social sites and digital strategies to expand our pool of qualified, administrative professionals
- Streamline our process ensuring we could contact, assess, and submit candidates to job orders within 72 hours
Offering Miami-Dade County vetted candidates within their budgetary constraints was important to us. While their staffing partners were supplying candidates that met the requirements of the job description, none were assessing their technical, human, and conceptual aptitude. Additionally, our competitors were not supplying opportunities for ongoing training throughout the length of the assignment. Our findings presented an opportunity to add value beyond the original scope of services.
A Proven Successful Partnership
Because of our analysis and value-added service offerings, Alpha1 became Miami-Dade’s prime supplier of clerical professionals. We were gradually awarded a larger percentage of job orders throughout the length of the 5-year contract.
American Ninja Warrior – Multi Media/ Entertainment Staff Support
About American Ninja Warrior
American Ninja Warrior is an American sports entertainment competition featuring hundreds of competitors attempting to complete a series of obstacle courses of increasing difficulty, in hopes of becoming an “American Ninja Warrior”. The show films on location in different states throughout the U.S.
Why American Ninja Warrior Partnered with Alpha1 Staffing
American Ninja Warrior was traveling to Miami, FL to film an episode at a local university. On Camera Audiences was tasked with finding 500 audience members to fill the stands and cheer for contestants during the 3 – night taping. The team contacted Alpha1 Staffing and we assured them that we could manage the entire process seamlessly.
America Ninja Warrior needed a staffing partner to recruit, hire, train, manage, and compensate 500 audience participants for 3 consecutive evenings within 7 days.
- Market the opportunity to college students at FIU and jobseekers in our database, social sites, and contacts in our individual networks
- Recruit, interview and hire 500 men and women ages 18+ to work for 3 consecutive evenings between 6 p.m. and 4 a.m. within 7 days
- Register participants on-site and collect consent forms and personal information
- Train participants on role of audience members
- Schedule participants to ensure that the stands were full throughout the taping
We wanted to guarantee that we offered On Camera Audiences the best price for our service and fairly compensated the audience members. We benchmarked to determine the pricing and payment being offered by event staffing companies in south Florida. This process saved American Ninja Warrior and On Camera Audiences time and resources – and they could focus on what they do best: producing a hit television series.
A Proven Successful Partnership
On Camera Audiences was impressed with the reliable audience we hired and the friendliness and professionalism of our staff. On Camera Audiences requests to partner with us each year they film in south Florida and we gladly accept!
The United States Navy Seaport-e – Administrative Staff Support
About U.S. Navy Seaport-e
Seaport-e is the Navy’s electronic platform for acquiring support services for the Virtual System Commands (SYSCOM), which include NAVSEA, NAVAIR, NAVSUP, SPAWAR, Strategic Systems Program (SSP), and NAVFAC. In addition, other activities, including the Military Sealift Command, Strategic Systems Programs, Office of Naval Research, and the United States Marine Corps have chosen to use SeaPort-e Work under this vehicle covers a broad range of administrative staffing services, engineering, financial management, and program management.
Why the U.S. Navy partnered with Alpha1 Staffing
In 2015, the U.S. Navy requested formal RFP responses for temporary employment services for five years. The government needed a dedicated, qualified diverse supplier with the relevant past performance to support its mission and program needs. Among the 22 functional service areas within the scope of the contracts to be serviced by African American owned professional staff augmentation and search firm leader Alpha 1 Staffing / Search Firm are the following:
Area 20 Program Support
Area 21 Functional and Administrative Support
Area 21.1 Clerical and Administrative Support
The government estimates a maximum of $5.3 billion of services will be procured each year via orders issued under the SeaPort-e contracts. The United States Government needed a reliable staffing partner that could supply qualified candidates in a timely manner, manage candidate selection and assessment, onboarding, and compensation of temporary workers within the government’s budgetary constraints.
The United States Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) had a requirement for a reliable Minority owned human capital management/staffing partner with the necessary people, processes and tools to hire and compensate temporary employees to support over 1,100 task orders and service requirements over the next five years. Agencies covered under the agreement include the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA), Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR), Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR), Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP), Military Sealift Command (MSC), Naval Facilities Command (NAVFAC), Strategic Systems Programs (SSP), Office of Naval Research (ONR) and the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC).
- Leverage our integrated Project Management Institute’s (PMI) PMBOK™ project management principles into all aspects of our Program Staffing Approach
- Evaluate the job descriptions and labor categories of the U.S. Navy’s most common administrative titles: clerk, office assistant, administrative officer, accounting clerk, and receptionist
- Streamline our process ensuring we could contact, assess, and submit candidates to job orders within the established time limits in accordance with the government task orders
- Use our proven staffing methodology would to staff each Task Order (TO). Given a large pool of our collective internal resources (employees), and experience in supporting various NAVSEA Warfare Centers, we can staff each TO very quickly. Once staffed, each TO team member would be required to fill their detailed online time sheets and provide regular progress and status reports to the TO Project Manager. Provide transitioning and certification training for veterans and place them with our government agencies
- Hire and manage apprenticeship and OJT positions as part of the government industry’s Registered Apprenticeship Program
- Place qualified veterans into open job positions
Offering the U.S. Navy vetted candidates within their budgetary constraints was important to us. While their staffing partners were supplying candidates that met the requirements of the job description, none were assessing their technical, human, and conceptual aptitude. Additionally, our competitors were not supplying opportunities for ongoing training throughout the length of the assignment. Our findings presented an opportunity to add value beyond the original scope of services.
Cost Reduction Initiatives
Throughout the life of the Seaport-e Program, Alpha1 Staffing will aim to reduce cost by providing low pass- through burdens, by using our (better, faster, cheaper) technical solutions, by reducing task management, and by improving and expanding our tool capabilities for easy staff integration. Cost savings will be addressed in individual task orders. The collective savings from each Navy Task Order (TO) will be effective when we have enough TOs in place to apply our approach on a larger scale, effecting greater economies within the NAVSEA organization leading to cost reduction.
A Proven Successful Partnership
Alpha1 has earned a coveted reputation as the U.S. Navy’s prime team supplier of clerical and administrative support professionals. Alpha 1 Staffing supports both the public and private sectors, servicing various state and local, civilian, defense, intelligence, and homeland security agencies. Alpha 1 Staffing offers the most highly-skilled contractors across the broad range of government.
1Reference: https://alpha1staffing.com/african-american-owned-alpha-1-staffing-search-firm-awarded-exclusive-staffing-sub-contract-u-s- navy-seaport-e/
PARTNER WITH ALPHA1
“Kimberly has been absolutely outstanding! We are so excited to have her as full time member of the Garth Solutions team. Additionally, your staff has been great! By taking the time to understand our company’s culture, your team was able to match the perfect candidate for our needs.”
Miami Staffing Agencies
Temp Agencies in Miami
Employment Agencies Miami
Staffing Services Miami
Top Jobs Hiring in Miami
Copyright 2010 - 2020. Alpha1 Staffing.
Subscribe to Our Mailing List
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive hiring tips, job openings, and updates. We don’t do spam.